- You and I by Ingrid Michaelson- Kyle and I are shamelessly addicted to this song. It comes on and we stop whatever we're doing to dance together and usually end up laughing. "Don't you worry there my honey. We might not have any money, but we've got our love to pay the bills." How can we not love it?! It's us!
- Sunday Morning by Maroon 5- Another feel good song that's hard to resist. I am *such* a sucker for imagery and figurative language! (Artsy fartsy all the way!) My favorite line is, "Back and forth we'll sway like branches in a storm. Change of weather, we're still together when it ends."
- Tura-Lura-Lura by Ray Charles and Van Morrison- This song is sooo special to me! But I love Bing Crosby's version a million times more! My Gramma Swenson use to sing this to my mom, my mom sang it to me, and now I sing it to my babies. It's one of Ander's favorite songs that he has always been soothed by,
- I Want You To Want Me by Cheap Trick- I think this song captures the feel of high school. No wait... it captures the feel of being single! Ugh, such agony and yet so much hope. Plus, it's a good "rock out in the car" song!
- Sky Is Falling by Lifehouse- Lifehouse has been one of my favorite bands of all time ever since I first heard them. This was my favorite song off their Stanley Climbfall album, because it matched how I felt at that point in my life so well. "You leave me hanging on only to catch my breath. I've got you and I've got nothing left. Don't leave me all alone down here with myself and all of my fear." To me, it was my plea to God. Still love this song. I love how raw he sounds on the acoustic version.
- Hey Ya by OutKast- Every time I hear this song I think of Songfest my junior (or was it sophomore?) year at PLU! For those unfamiliar with this tradition, residence halls are paired up and perform a skit based on a theme and a genre of music. For example Broadway theme + musical genre = "The Phantom of the '80's", "The Sound of Latin Music", and "Western Side Story" (glad I found an old article to give good examples!) Hey Ya happened to be one of the songs that the Faculty and Staff used this particular year. I just about died laughing when Mike Smolko (our awesome boss when we were J-term RAs Sarah!) danced on stage sporting the bright green and suspenders found in this music video. I kind of think the bright green might have been a curly wig. And then out came Profesora Davidson and Dr. Toyokawa shakin' it like a Polaroid picture! Watching Dr. Toyokawa dance made me especially happy. :-) I need to dig and see if I happened to catch this on video!
- International Harvester by Craig Morgan- I didn't get fully addicted to country until I had left home and missed it so badly (Kate, thank you for always watching CMT when we were roommates!). I've spent every summer of my life up until this one submerged in and helping out with harvest. I drove our Case I-H combine (yes, International Harvester is a brand of combine) for a number of years. It's a lot of pressure and yet so much fun! Fortunately, no one in podunk Montana ever honks at combines on the highway. It's just how it is that time of year.
- Somewhere Out There by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram- Another sentimental song from my childhood. And an acceptable 80s song for that reason. ;-) I saw this movie in theaters the day before my brother was born (I was 2 1/2). I went around singing this song for weeks and would ask perfect strangers if I could sing for them! One of our close family friends still talks about me serenading her when we first met. Oh dear... I got shy a couple years later.
- For the Moments I Feel Faint by Reliant K- Pretty melody and simply true lyrics! Never underestimate my Jesus... just listen to it!
- Down by the Bay by Raffi- My first grade teacher always played this song for us and of course we loved it. I sang it with my preschoolers when I was teaching and they loved it. How can you not love Raffi? He's timeless and awesome!
Friday, September 23, 2011
Day 4- 10 Songs from iTunes Shuffle and How They Describe You
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment