Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 2- Share 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself

** So I'm going to do two posts today, but I have a good excuse!  Our power went out last night when I was going to post Day 1.  I'm just trying to stay on track! :-)


  1.  I can't stand Cooler Ranch Doritos... even the smell makes me gag.
  2. I'm very particular about the seam on the toe of my sock.  I went through a phase when I was 9 where I wore my socks inside-out just to avoid sock seam frustration!
  3. My family was setting off fireworks the night before I was born.  A bottle rocket lit the haystack on fire and my mom was running around with buckets of water.  Probably induced labor...
  4. Kyle and I have our next child's name picked out.  Boy or girl.  And no, we are not pregnant.
  5. I went through a phase when I was little where I would hum "I love you too" instead of say it.
  6. I broke my right wrist Dec. 15, '93, left wrist Sept. 14, '98, diagnosed with diabetes Nov. 29, '95, and had my gal bladder removed Feb. 24, 99. (I remember strange dates.  And most people's birthdays.)
  7. I can count to 10 in Slovak.  I think #4 is my favorite to say.
  8. During high school I would drive out to the cemetery and just sit.  It's so peaceful!
  9. Linus is my favorite Peanut's character.
  10. Kyle and I were born exactly 9 weeks apart in the same room.
  11. My great-grandparents were Kyle's grandma's sponsors at her baptism.
  12. As teenagers my brother and I named our rumps.  His is Spiderman and mine is Gandalf.
  13. I was absolutely obsessed with Hanson!  Not just, "Oh, I love their music!" obsessed.  I could tell you Taylor Hanson's favorite color, real first name, and favorite cartoon.
  14. I like shampoo/lotion/facewash/chapstick that makes me tingle.  So anything mint is a safe bet for me!
  15. I can still play my 6th grade piano recital piece facing away from the piano with my arms stretched behind me to reach the keys.
  16. I also played the flute.  No tricks though... just normal playing of the flute. (I had to quit both Sept. 14, 98 when I broke my wrist though).
  17. I miss living on the farm.  Driving combine at harvest, big bonfires, and the closest neighbor being a mile away.
  18. I'm left handed.
  19. I almost died on my 15th birthday (diabetes related)
  20. I'd rather clean the toilet than do the dishes.
  21. Diet Cream Soda is my favorite pop!
  22. Both my babies were born on the first snow of the season.  Blizzard conditions while we were hospitalized. :-)
  23. I'm somehow related to William Penn, the Quaker who founded Pennsylvania.
  24. I grew up on the same land my great-grandparents homesteaded on.
  25. I generally don't like 80s music.  But I love 40s music!!!
  26. Next microwave we purchase will not have a handle on the door.  The things you figure out after having toddlers!
  27. I have a list of names I would love to name a pet, but would never name a child.  Penny, Gandhi, Buddha, and Amos to start. (P.S.- if you would like to name any of your children these names, I find them acceptable.  They just don't go with the theme we've started! :-)
  28. My last purchase was crusty Italian bread, dish soap, and footy pajamas.
  29. I've had cataract surgery.  Hm, don't remember that date though...
  30. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Ditto on Hanson :)!!! Obsessed ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the link up. I love your blog layout, cute. And I am totally with you on not loving 80s music but thinking 40s is the greatest :).

    ReplyDelete