Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 3- Discuss How You Hope Your Future Will Be Like

I am so contented with my life!  I have been blessed to have achieved every major life goal that I really ever had.  Now I get to enjoy what God has given me.  What do I hope for next?
  • I hope Kyle and I find a house we can afford.  One with at least 3 bedroom (4 or 5 preferably) and a nice fenced yard my kids can safely play in and our dog can live.  I want a dishwasher and a large dining room we can have big family gatherings in.  If this house was in close proximity of the college so Kyle could walk to work (we are a 1 vehicle family) all the more awesome!  
  • I hope my mother-in-law can stay healthy and with us on this earth at least a few more years so her grandkids can remember how much fun she was!  So much has changed in the last year and will change this coming one.  It makes it hard to think about the future.  I just want to be content with the here and now.  Kyle and I both grew up in Conrad and all our family still lives there.  It still is home... I love our little town!  Moving away was hard.  My father-in-law also works up here at the college (he has a tiny staff house he lives in during the week), but he goes home to Conrad on weekends.  Kyle's youngest sister graduates high school this next spring.  It will be fairly impractical and unsafe for my MIL to stay alone in that house while having dialysis and chemo treatments on a regular basis.  I look forward to the idea of her moving here to Havre; at the same time I mourn the change.  Going back to visit Conrad won't be easy and it won't be the same.  My mom's place is too small.  And my dad... well, we'll discuss that when we talk about our relationships on day 7.

  • So I guess you could also say I hope my mom and brother move to Havre in the future! :-)  I love our family!
  • I hope my dad's heart softens and Christ works some real miracles in his life!
  • I hope we become rooted in this community the way we were in Conrad. 
  • I hope to have about 4 more kids.
  • And I hope all our children love Jesus! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment