Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall is the new summer!

I love fall!  When I was a kid I always said summer was my favorite, but a lot of that had to do with no school, my birthday, swimming, and Flathead Lutheran Bible Camp.  Now that I'm grown I no longer have school, my birthday isn't that big of a deal, swimming is a bigger process with two babies, and I'm too old to be a camper (darn!).  Fall and winter are my favorite seasons!  I like the clothes better, I hate being hot (Montana is good at providing cool/frigid winter weather!), and I feel more like cooking in the fall!  I made chocolate-chip pumpkin muffins last week and I think my kids approved.




For awhile now, Ander has been pretending to sneeze and loves it when I play along and say, "Bless you!"  Apparently "Bless you!" and "Excuse you!" are too similar.  Lately when he toots I've been saying "Excuse you!" which is immediately met with giggles and a fake sneeze.  Such a boy!


Both kids sleep in the same room and there are only so many configurations for furniture placement.  One wall has their closet, another has their window with the blinds that we definitely don't want them playing with.  Their beds are currently side by side with Solveig's against the wall with the door and the light switch.  And she has now figured out how to operate the light switch.  I enjoyed waking up to them giggling this morning as Sol turned the lights on and off, but was not so thrilled with their lack of nap this morning when she refused to stop playing with it.  I put them both in Ander's crib when I realized she wasn't going to leave it alone and I don't think they sleep as well in one crib.  We were grumpy at lunch!  So I resorted to putting a couple layers of packing tape over the light switch this afternoon (which Solveig fiddled with for a while).  Ah, the sweet sound of silence!

What else is new around here?  My mom and brother visited over the weekend.  I always enjoy that!  What's everyone else up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment