Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 12- Bullet Your Whole Day

  • Wake up to the sounds of Solveig.  I test my blood sugar.  I'm high, so I bolus through my pump.
  • Change both babies' diapers.
  • Make oatmeal for the kids' breakfast.  Put sippy cups of milk and some raisins in front of them to keep them happy while they wait.  We say a prayer and thank God for our food.
  • Oatmeal is messy!  I strip the babies out of their pjs, wash 'em up, and get them dressed.
  • While they play in the living room, I unload and reload the dishwasher!! (I've never been so happy to do dishes. Best $39 I ever spent!)

  • I join the kids in the living room.  We play with Ander's vacuum, help Solveig walk around the living room by holding mama's fingers, Ander talks to Grandma Kim on the phone.  He then has me turn on every musical toy he can find.  It's noisy.  

  • My blood sugar is too low now... grapefruit juice does the trick!  Something I can ingest quickly, so I don't have beggers trying to steal my carbs!
  • All 3 of us sit in the recliner and read That's Not My Kitten (twice) and The Littlest Pumpkin.  They love the tactile books that the Montana School for the Deaf and Blind gave us!

  • I change 2 messy diapers and tuck the babies in for a nap.
  • During nap time I start the movie Big and fold a little laundry and make myself lunch.  I've realized that I'm not as likely to eat when the babies are up.  I'm about 5-10lbs lighter than I was before having kids.  Probably a good idea to eat something.
  • I can hear the kids singing and talking to each other so I start making their lunches.  Kyle comes home for lunch and we snuggle and visit a bit before fetching the kids.  Then we all sit down at the table.
  • Daddy goes back to work.  Mama cleans the table.  We play for a little bit on the floor.  Tackling mommy and giving really moist kisses seems to be a hit for Ander today.  Solveig has been imitating us by making the "L" sound and wiggling her tongue back and forth.  It's really cute!  

  • Put my hair up and change into some pants that don't have baby food on them.  Change a wet diaper on Ander.  Change another dirty diaper on Solveig.  We put on our shoes and head to Wal-Mart for groceries.  At first it was really intimidating taking two little ones anywhere by myself.  But the biggest things are thinking ahead and doing everything in a certain order while narrating and giving directions.  It helps the kids understand the routine and makes my life easier!
  • We get all our groceries and both kids are well-behaved.  On our way home I get a Diet Coke from McD's.  Solveig's almost asleep when we get home, so I heat some milk for both of them.  They drink their bottle/sippy on the couch as I bring in the groceries.  Now it's nap time again!  Ander grabs his panda and follows me with Solveig to their room.  I can now put the groceries away.
  • I doof around on the internet a bit.  I fold more laundry.  Kyle comes home.  I iron wrinkly work shirts while he gets the kids up from their nap.  Ander drags their hamper out of their room with his panda and puppy inside.  He's pretty proud of himself.  Daddy puts Solveig in the hamper.  She's thinks it's hilarious.
  • Dinner is had.  I clean up the table and dishes while the kids play with their toys and Kyle does homework.

  • Kyle and I warm milk for the kids again.  When I go to give Ander his, his butt is soaking wet.  Minor misunderstanding... I thought Kyle changed their diaper after naps.  Whoops!  I change Ander as he drinks his milk and then I put him in his pjs.  Kyle takes care of Solveig.  All 4 of us go to the bathroom to brush the kids' teeth.  We lower their blinds, turn on soft music, turn off the lights, and daddy asks Ander what we do next.  Ander folds his hands (I love it!) and we say a prayer.
  • Now Kyle is working on homework again and I'm having a glass of wine and typing this! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love that Kyle can come home for lunch. You left out a very important detail: what did you have for dinner?! I don't know why I like to know those things but I do. And, YAY for the wine at the end of the day. What do you like to drink? I had 1 1/2 oz of cab the other night and WOOOOOO, I was feeling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! We had spaghetti (though, the kids had chicken nuggets... we didn't feel like giving them a bath last night and spaghetti dinner is guaranteed bath night!) And thankfully my taste in wine isn't overly expensive, 'cause I was drinking sunset blush from a box! Ha. I think my favorite wines are Moscato or some kind of sweet red like Mogan David or Liberty Red... yum! And I totally hear ya... I feel wine quicker than anything!

    ReplyDelete