Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 11- What is your favorite movie and why?

As a kid, spaghetti was my favorite food and whenever my mom would make it she would give me a dry noodle to play with.  It instantly became my wand and I'd twirl around the kitchen saying, "Pink!  Blue!  Pink!  Blue!"  Yes, Sleeping Beauty is my all time favorite movie.  (And I for one always thought they should compromise with purple!)



Everything about the movie is filled with so much heart!  The music is based off of Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty Ballet (I could come in on any point in the soundtrack and tell you exactly what's happening in the movie).  It took 9 years to animate Sleeping Beauty.  It was the last Disney movie to use hand-inked cels.  And it was filmed on 70mm, allowing the background to be ultra detailed!  I'm in love with Eyvind Earle's work!  He did the backgrounds by studying old tapestries and mixed it with his own dramatic style.  (Puhlease click on the images below to fully appreciate their awesomeness!)




And I love a traditional old fairy-tale with a princess and her true love, good conquering evil... so satisfying!



Anyone close to me knows this is the movie to put in when Whitney is sick on the couch.  I find it very comforting!

15 Day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment