You know, the names of various maternity clothing brands crack me up. (Perhaps I'm just easily amused... yeah, pretty sure I am.) In Due Time, New Addition, Take Nine, Duo... so funny.
Most of my maternity wardrobe has been purchased at Good Will or given to me by friends who are convinced they won't be having anymore kids (we'll see about that). Consequently, some of the jeans are a little too big along with a pair of capris that might fit when I'm further along, but at that point I'm more likely to be layering up sweaters and wearing fuzzy socks. So anyway, I bought a Bella Band at Once Upon a Child. It's basically a tube top that you don't wear on the bust area, but around the waste to hold up your pants. I was kind of regretting it when I used it the other day. It didn't feel like it was helping that much... but then I took it off and my pants fell down. Guess it's a keeper!
Second pregnancies become obvious a lot earlier than the first one. When I was 10 weeks along with baby #2, I was about the same size as I was when I was 20 weeks along with Ander. I know my belly is still growing steadily, but not as fast it seemed to those first few weeks. I guess everything is all stretched out and ready to go. The nice thing about having two babies around the same time of year is that your clothes for the various stages of pregnancy fit and you don't have to get anything new. I spent most of last summer wearing Kyle's gym shorts and t-shirts and will likely do that again. Maternity pants with the 3" (give or take an inch) elastic waist band are good for early pregnancy, but become uncomfortable when your belly gets bigger and pushes down on it. At that point the pants with the huge stretchy panel become more comfy. I've heard that some women's feet permanently get bigger after pregnancy. Mine did not, however mine did swell something horrible. I ended up only able to wear one of my pairs of shoes which happened to be a somewhat ugly pair of tan clogs (not exactly stylish). But I was fat and desiring comfort despite how much my self-image had to suffer. Perhaps I should start looking at wide-sized shoes now. Oh... and there were definitely favored pairs of socks and underwear the further into pregnancy I got as well. Just thought I'd alert the public to what they may have to look forward to in their future. ;-)
Those names are funny! We should come up some AFFORDABLE maternity clothes! Novel idea, I know. We can call it, "Because Babies are Already Expensive Enough."
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute! I have two pregnant co-workers. One is due July 20 and the other July 27. The one due July 27 has such swollen feet. She can barely wear flip flops!! I feel so bad for her! She bought guys flip flops with an adjustable strap and they are almost too small! I like Katelyn's clothes line name, lol.
ReplyDelete