A year ago today we found out we were expecting Ander. A week ago today... we found out we're expecting again! Oopsy daisy...
We were on birth control (and no, I didn't take any antibiotics that interfered with the bc). We were absolutely not anticipating this! Before Ander was conceived I lived as though I was already pregnant... I didn't drink, my blood sugars were fairly under control, etc. I'm praying that this little one is okay, because that was definitely not the case here. Kyle and I were planning on trying for a second child perhaps this winter giving Ander a sibling who was a little more than a year and a half behind him. But this little surprise... he or she will be a lot closer than planned. We don't even know an approximate due date, as I have not had a cycle since before Ander. Kyle and I are, however, impatiently anticipating Tuesday May 4th when we will have an ultrasound where we will get an idea of when our baby is due.
For memory's sake, this is how we found out we were pregnant:
5am on April 23rd we are awakened by Ander's "jabber cries" on the baby monitor. We like to tag team the kid on days when Kyle doesn't have work (btw- I love my marriage!). Kyle headed to Ander's room to change a diaper and I headed downstairs to make a bottle. Once downstairs, I realized I really had to pee! Since it was the week I was supposed to be having a cycle and they tell you to test your "first pee of the day", I decided to take a pregnancy test. I'm sure Clear Blue™ employs evil little elves to package their product, because I nearly wet myself trying to open the darned thing! Now, the side of the box will tell you to wait approximately 3 minutes for your results. This was about right for the test we took with Ander. But this test read "Pregnant" after 30 seconds maybe. I may or may not have said a naughty word out of surprise.
Grabbing the warm bottle I had prepared my infant son, I headed up the stairs with the pregnancy test in the other hand. My heart began pounding. I found Kyle holding Ander in the rocking chair all ready for breakfast. He reached out to grab the bottle, but instead of handing him the bottle... I handed him the pregnancy test. But I was shaking so badly that it dropped to the floor. "What are you doing? What is that?" Kyle asked curiously. Gaining composure, I handed the test over. Kyle's jaw dropped and he started asking me, "What does that say?!"
Looking back now, we should have known. I've been nauseous occasionally and tired often. I craved Greek food when I was pregnant with Ander... and lately I've been stuffing myself with Greek at every opportunity.
Anyway, in spite of the surprise... Kyle and I are excited! A little bit nervous with balancing everything, but very happy for our growing family.
Even though I got to hear this on the phone, I still like reading it! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes! :-)
ReplyDelete