Friday, May 1, 2009

Torn

I'm feeling conflicted. I am currently working at a job that I really enjoy, but hear that my dream job may be opening up soon.

I teach preschool in the mornings and kindergarten in the afternoons at a Christian school. I love the fact that I can teach Jesus in the classroom and completely wrap every aspect of learning and development around Bible-based truths. Discipline is so much easier! The school has been working on plans for next year and they have asked me to come back this fall to work a similar schedule as I am right now. While I've enjoyed it, I'm feeling burnt out and a little overwhelmed, so I've asked to just teach preschool in the mornings next year.

All is good and well, right? Last week when a friend asked me to sub for her she told me that "the Alta Care job is opening up in the public elementary school". This is my dream job! I interviewed for the same position in the high school last year. I would be working with kids in counseling sessions within the school system. It would be so ideal, because I'd get to do art and play therapy with the little guys. As far as occupations go, this is what I feel like I was made for.

Now it would seem like a no brainer of which job I want, right? My problem is that this job is probably full time. I want to make time for my home and my husband. A whole week of whole days... I'm likely to burn out.

You know what would solve my problem? If I got pregnant in the next month or two. :-) No working if I were a mommy! Yes... a baby would solve all my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment