Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm not in the hospital!

That's the good news!

The bad news is my kidneys still might not be looking quite up to par.

I'll be headed down to Billings to see my endocrinologist at the end of the month.  Thank you all for your prayers!  My mom will be watching the kids while we're gone.  I had a classmate from high school offer to take them if need be and I was ready to let her.  But apparently Grandma *wants* to take a day or two off work and have the grand kids with her.  What do ya know... the little twerps are desirable! ;-)

I'm really trying to stay on top of my blood sugars, so that my doctor has all kinds of information to use in adjusting my doses.  Something is definitely off.  I woke up fairly high and feeling horrible.  Two hours later I had bottomed out and was dizzy and in need of juice.  Yo-yo-ing (how do I even type that "word"?) like that takes away a lot of energy!

In other news, we're having a few families over tomorrow evening to watch cartoons, snack, and visit.  Definitely looking forward to it!  6 kids under the age of 5 (and a 7th one it's mommy's tummy)... it will be fun chaos!  I'm going to make this dip.  It's a good thing we have company to help eat it, 'cause I ate almost the entire pan myself last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment