I finally was able to get out of the house today! I've been sick for a little over a week, and today was the first that I have felt well enough to venture away from home for anything more than a doctor's visit. Apparently I had a severe bladder infection. This totally puzzles me, because I didn't have the typical "it hurts when I pee" symptoms. I had really bad body aches that kind of centralized in my lower back and abdomen, chills, and had a fever that went as high as 104.8. Blech! Not my idea of a fun week. I needed to rest, but it drove me insane to not be able to care for Ander. I felt like I was shirking responsibility. (I know... silly, huh?)
Anyway, we went to Great Falls with the intent of getting groceries and meeting with Kyle's mom for dinner. She had dialysis today. They did a routine blood sugar check while she was there and she was high, so she decided that she'd rather just get groceries and go home. We all went to Smith's to shop.
Kyle and I are on WIC. Such a blessing of a program! Kyle has been ceaselessly looking for a job for the last five months with no offers. God has been providing for our little family through this, because we literally have nothing to our names. One of the biggest benefits of WIC is the baby formula! Ander had difficulty nursing after being in the NICU, so we've been bottle feeding. WIC covers $175 worth of formula a month! I don't know how we would make it without this program.
Tonight we used a couple of our WIC checks in Smith's. The cashier had trouble entering the check and it ended up taking a while. We were in no hurry, so it didn't really bother me. There was a lady behind us with a large case of beer that decided to go to a different checker. Then there was a man in a leather jacket with various items. He stayed in behind us.
As Kyle was loading our groceries into the car, I was talking to Ander who was still in his car seat on the grocery cart. The man in the leather jacket walked across the busy parking lot towards me and reached out his hand. Dumbfounded I looked down and saw that he was handing me money. He must have read the look on my face, because all he said was, "I just felt inspired..." And then he walked away. All I could get out was, "Thank you!" Kyle closed the trunk and I opened the bill and realized he had handed me $100! I immediately began to cry! I wish I could have said more to the man than "thank you". I want him to know how God has used him and what a blessing that was to us!

No comments:
Post a Comment